Okcoin is the first U.S. licensed exchange to offer Star Atlas (ATLAS) deposits, withdrawals and trading against USD, with some of the lowest fees around. To celebrate, we’re giving away 10,000 Star Atlas spaceships. 🚀
- What? You can deposit, withdraw, and trade ATLAS against USD on Okcoin.
- Who? All Okcoin customers including those in the United States, except for residents of the EU, the UK, Singapore, and Brunei.
- When? Deposits have been live since September 28 at 7 pm PT and trading will be available September 29 after 8 pm PT. 🔥
What’s Star Atlas?
Star Atlas is a next-gen multi-player metaverse video game built on the Solana blockchain. To start with, the team aims to launch an in-browser mini-game feature set in October. A fully immersive 3D game, built on Unreal Engine 5, will follow. Even though it hasn’t launched yet, the game is often described as “the future of blockchain gaming”.
Set in 2620, the universe of Star Atlas opposes three factions – humans, aliens, and sentient androids – fighting for the control of planetary resources across the galaxy. The game mixes elements of
- strategy (how to interact with and against other players),
- exploration (to find the best lands and resources),
- flight simulation (exploration can be done in first-person flight),
- role-playing (players can choose different jobs such as miner, bounty hunter, broker, pirate, and more).
Axie Infinity popularized the “play-to-earn” concept that Star Atlas incorporates but what’s special about Star Atlas is that players can own or trade almost everything in the game as an NFT – that’s how players can earn crypto in the game and what makes its design so innovative. This contrasts with traditional gaming models where players effectively rent what’s in the game (the character, its weapons and tools, etc.) but never get to own any of it – when players stop playing, their hands are left empty. On top of owning the game’s assets, players can put them to work to earn crypto rewards by completing quests, growing the metaverse, and more.
Star Atlas uses two different tokens: Star Atlas (with the ticker ATLAS) and Star Atlas DAO (with the ticker POLIS).
What is the ATLAS token?
ATLAS is Star Atlas’ native metaverse currency. It has three main uses:
- Medium of exchange: You can buy and sell items in the game’s marketplace as NFTs – almost everything in the game is an NFT so almost everything can be traded.
- Work expenses: You can pay for in-game expenses such as fuel, repairs, mining equipment, and more – lending and insurance features, for expensive or dangerous missions, are on the way.
- Staking: In the future, players will be able to stake their ATLAS tokens to earn POLIS rewards.
What is the POLIS token?
POLIS is Star Atlas’ governance token. Its main uses are:
- In-game governance: Holders of POLIS will be able to acquire jurisdictional ownership over entire regions of the game, which will make them able to restrict some activities on their land, charge taxes and tolls, or even create a separate set of laws. Since it’s likely that this will require multiple players to team-up at different scales, in-game governance will come in layers, from small corporations to guilds and big Decentralized Autonomous Corporations.
- Real world governance: After a 2-3 year period, POLIS holders will be able to influence the development of the game itself. They will be able to influence the economics of the game (such as the tokens’ inflation rates), the schedule of the release of new assets, and even the direction of the game – to the point of possibly outvoting the creators of the game!
How to claim your Star Atlas spaceship
To celebrate the listing, we’re giving away 10,000 Pearce X4 Star Atlas spaceships. It’s very easy to qualify, you just need to:
- Share your Solana address here,
- Use our Buy Crypto feature to purchase $60 worth of ATLAS,
- Pass identity verification level 2.
That’s it! Be quick though, all conditions must be met between September 29 and October 29. Terms and conditions apply – learn more.