Shiba Inu (SHIB) is now available to trade on Okcoin – with some of the lowest fees around. 👀
- What? You can now deposit, withdraw, and trade SHIB against USD on Okcoin.
- Who? All Okcoin customers including those in the United States, except for residents of the EU, the UK, Singapore, and Brunei.
- When? Deposit, withdrawal, and trading are now live. 🔥
Shiba Inu was created anonymously in August 2020 under the pseudonym “Ryoshi”. Shiba Inu aimed to be the Ethereum-based counterpart to Dogecoin, but it has evolved beyond its memecoin beginnings.
“An experiment in decentralized spontaneous community building,” the Shiba Inu community — the “ShibArmy” — claims over 500,000 members. Members are encouraged to actively participate in development. This has led to the creation of a decentralized exchange called ShibaSwap, an NFT incubator called Shib Art, and additional tokens like LEASH and BONE. Shiba Inu is also actively involved in philanthropy.
Technically speaking, SHIB is an ERC-20 token and can interact with any protocol in the Ethereum ecosystem. That makes it ripe for growth in the DeFi and NFT space. 🚀
Here are some Shiba Inu facts:
- Ranks #9 by market cap as of this posting, at $35 billion.
- Initial supply is 1 quadrillion, circulating supply is over 54 billion.
- Users can hold large amounts of SHIB. Even trillions if they’d like.
- 50% of SHIB went to Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin’s wallet.
- 40% of that was sent to a dead wallet, removing it from circulation (commonly known as “burning”).
- SHIB price has increased over 95 million percent since Aug 2020.
We recommend reading the Shiba Inu Whitepaper to get a sense of the project’s philosophy.
As always, we recommend you do your own research before buying. When you’re done exploring, remember that you can find SHIB on Okcoin, with lower fees than most exchanges. 🐕