Scheduled Token Suspensions – OKCoin
Last Updated: February 3, 2020
As part of our ongoing asset curation process, the following assets are scheduled for suspension:
We’re asking for your feedback. Suspension is scheduled for February 6th, 2020, but please refer to our support portal for specific closing times.
About the OKCoin Curation Process
OKCoin provides easy and global fiat access to the crypto ecosystem. Today, users in over 180 countries come to our platform to trade USD and EUR for various crypto assets. Each asset in our diverse marketplace meets our listing criteria. In 2019 alone, we listed TRX, GRIN, DCR, EOS, EURS, USDK, and HBAR.
Similarly, we curate our asset marketplace by suspending trading for low-volume tokens. A trading suspension will only impact the ability to trade, and not your ability to deposit, store, and withdraw these specific assets. By suspending these low-volume assets, our exchange liquidity will be pointed more consistently at the assets that you care about, resulting in even more active and deeper markets.
Here is an overview of our asset curation process:
- Every month, we’ll review the assets on our platform to determine whether a suspension is in order. Assets will be considered if they meet the following criteria:
- Duration on platform: Assets that have been listed for longer than 6 months
- Trading activity: Assets that are in the bottom 25% of monthly activity
- Negligent volume: Assets that have negligent trading volume
- We’ll assess the growth potential of the assets that meet the above criteria to determine whether they should be considered for a trading suspension.
- We’ll announce the assets under consideration for trading suspension (if any). We will review feedback from our broader community before finalizing any suspension.
- We’ll then publish the finalized assets that will be suspended, providing you with enough advance notice. You are still welcome to keep the suspended asset on the OKCoin platform.
Of course, trading suspension is just one side of the process — the other side is our listing best practices, which we use to evaluate new assets. We’re always monitoring the project ecosystem to keep up to date with all of the token development happening every day for existing projects, in addition to those that have yet to launch.
We believe this new process ensures a more user-friendly marketplace guided by user demand. If we see increased or renewed interest in a suspended asset, we’ll turn trading back on. If we do not see tangible user interest after three months, we’ll consider delisting the asset.
Our asset curation process is just one way we build on top of our foundation as your fiat onramp into the crypto industry. Our premier program empowers professional traders with dedicated service and exclusive product features, while our updated our trading fees ensure we are the most cost-effective venue for fiat to crypto trading.
We’re always interested in your feedback, as we continue to improve our token offerings and trading experience. Please email us at email@example.com or reach out on Twitter!