What are the new EU regulations and what does this mean for you?
Due to updated compliance regulations, we are requesting additional information from users based in the European Union.
New EU regulations
Recent changes in European Union regulatory policy requires that we request further information from our customers including identity document and proof of address in order to secure the account and confirm the user’s identity.
What does this mean for you?
European Union customers will be asked to confirm your photo ID and address proof prior to deposit or trading.
When customers pass our first stage of verification, we’ll prompt you to provide photo ID and proof of address.
If customers have passed our second stage of verification, we may ask you to provide proof of address before trading becomes available to you.
How we may request this information
- You may be prompted in the product to complete your profile details
- If you have not completed your profile, you may receive an email from us with a reminder from: email@example.com
- We may also call you to help you verify further details if you don’t pass our verification online
You can also go directly to this section on okcoin.com to complete your profile any time. Heads up! To verify your ID and address, we may request one of the items below:
- Utility bills (electric, gas, cable TV, water, garbage, phone)
- Bank statements
- Rental or lease contract
- Photo ID, Government registration or temporary residence permit
If you see something you are not sure about, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Look forward to seeing you back on OKCoin.