Welcome to the OKCoin platform update — a summary of product updates, new listings and trading statuses you may have missed.
This week, among the top updates you need to know, OKCoin is undergoing scheduled maintenance to the trading and websocket API. and planned trading suspensions for several assets will go into effect. Check out the status updates below for more details.
Overall platform status
- Currently, all trading functions are fully operational, though there are two system-wide maintenances scheduled for early morning on March 2, 2021.
- Spot system upgrade: trading and transfer functions will be temporarily paused from 1:00-1:10 am PST on March 2, 2021 while the system upgrades.
- Websocket system upgrade: the Websocket connection may be disconnected at some point between 1:00-1:40 am PST on March 2, 2021. Customers will need to re-establish the connection after the system upgrade is complete.
- STX wallets: temporarily paused due to a node update. Customers will experience delays in deposits and withdrawals of STX. We anticipate wallet support to be fully functional within the next day.
- Transfers that have completed on the blockchain but don’t yet appear in your OKCoin account will be reflected on OKCoin as soon as the update is complete.
- In the meantime, there is no impact to trading and all funds are safe.
- Stacks: We have entered the third STX Stacking reward cycle. STX that is currently deposited on Earn is earning BTC rewards and cannot be withdrawn until March 13, 2021, when the next reward cycle is anticipated to start.
- Interest distribution: BTC reward distribution timing is determined by the Stacks protocol and front-loaded towards the beginning of each cycle. This means there may be a few days towards the end of each Stacking cycle when customers won’t see any new BTC rewards in their accounts.
- Trading suspensions: Trading for the following six markets will be suspended at 7:00 pm PST tonight, March 1, 2021. For more information on the upcoming trading suspension, read our Support article.
- New listing: DOT/USD and LINK/USD: We are pleased to announce that Polkadot (DOT) and Chainlink (LINK) have been added to our USD trading market for residents of the European Union and the United Kingdom.
If you found this platform update useful, please send us a message on Twitter to let us know.125