OKCoin provides an easy and accessible way to enter the crypto ecosystem. Today, users in over 180 countries come to our platform to trade their US dollars, euros, and Singapore dollars for over 20 crypto assets. Each asset in our diverse marketplace meets our listing criteria.
Investing and trading with OKCoin has never been easier; new and existing customers can fund their account in just two minutes with our many payment channels. We’ve also launched our new recurring buy tool that makes it easy to build your portfolio over time, dollar-cost averaging into your crypto positions.
We’re continuing to build on top of this foundation. Our premier program empowers professional traders with dedicated service and exclusive product features. Most recently, we updated our trading fees to ensure we are the most cost-effective venue for fiat to crypto trading.
Similarly, we are curating our asset marketplace by suspending trading for low-volume assets. A trading suspension will only impact the ability to trade, and not your ability to deposit, store, and withdraw these specific assets. By suspending these low-volume assets, our exchange liquidity will be pointed more consistently at the assets that you care about, resulting in even more active and deeper markets.
Here is an overview of our asset curation process:
- We routinely review our assets on platform to determine whether a suspension is in order. Assets will be considered if they meet the following criteria:
- Duration on platform: Assets that have been listed for longer than 6 months
- Trading activity: Assets that are in the bottom 25% of monthly activity
- Negligent volume: Assets that have negligent trading volume
- We’ll assess the growth potential of the assets that meet the above criteria to determine whether they should be considered for a trading suspension.
- We’ll announce the assets under consideration for trading suspension (if any). We will review feedback from our broader community before finalizing any suspension.
- We’ll then publish the finalized assets that will be suspended, providing you with enough advance notice. You are still welcome to keep the suspended asset on the OKCoin platform.
Of course, trading suspension is just one side of the process — the other side is our listing best practices, which we use to evaluate new assets. Just as we routinely monitor the health of our listed markets, we’re constantly seeking out new assets to add to our portfolio. We believe this new process ensures a more user-friendly marketplace guided by user demand. If we see increased or renewed interest in a suspended asset, we’ll turn trading back on. If we do not see tangible user interest after three months, we’ll consider delisting the asset.